Friday, December 19, 2008

Fiscal Responsibility-An analogy

First, I just want to relate a personal experience that is just like Obama's Al Bundy theory of economic recovery.

In my backyard, I had an old clotheline pole. Using man-thought, I decided it needed to be dug up since I used a thing called a clothes dryer. So, I got my son to assist. We keep digging and digging. But, we could never get to the bottom of the concrete encasement keeping the pole in the ground.

And this is just like Obama's trillion dollar Al Bundy economic theory. The economy is in a big hole. So, Barry's theory is keep digging. Pretty soon, after a few trillions dollars are sunk into the hole, Obama and the rest of America might figure out you can't dig your way out of a bad economy by digging deeper and deeper holes.

So, both my son and I arrived at the obvious conclusion. We might want to stop digging. And we just pulled the pole out of the ground. Now I know most of us men have had similar kinds of experiences, because . . . well, we are men. And women keep reminding us over and over about such things.

So would anyone tell Barry to stop digging before the hole gets to China.

No comments:

Post a Comment